Fairview Baptist Church was organized on July 24, 1938. The first meetings were held at the Old Tidwell Switch School. Brother Fred Tarpley held a revival and was requested to consider establishing a church in the area since there was not a Baptist Church in the immediate area. The church was organized on July 24, 1938 with 17 charter members. Fairview Baptist Church moved to the present location at 501 Old Highway 46 South in the early 40's. The first phase of the present building was built in the early 50's. The addition was added to the rear of the church in 1986. The Fellowship Hall which is located across the road from the church was built in 1990.
1. We believe all the Bible to be verbal, infallible, and divinely inspired. II Timothy 3:16-17 II Peter 1:20-21.
2. We believe in th trinity of the Godhead, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28-19.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth and the Diety of Christ. Matthew 1:21-23 John 10:30.
4. We believe in the total depravity of all mankind. Romans 5:12.
5. We believe salvation is wholly be grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8-9.
6. We believe in the security of the believer. John 10:27-29 I John 5:11-13.
7. We believe in a spiritual church, Christ its founderm its only head and law giver. Matthew 16:18 Colossians 1:18.
8. We believe there are two pictorial ordinances: Baptism and Lord's Supper--both typical and memorial, not saving.
9. We believe baptism is by immersion, administered by a scriptural Baptist Church, the Lord's Supper is a memorial supper restricted to faithful members.
10. We believe in the vicarious sacrifice of Christ for the salvation of every penitent believer. Hebrews 2:9.
11. We believe in an eternal Heaven for the saved. John 14:1-3.
12 We believe in an eternal Hell for the unsaved. Revelations 20:15.
13. We believe in complete separation of Church and State.